Early Signs and Symptoms of Diabetes
Diabetes mellitus is a common condition, but how can you tell its warming signs early on? Most symptoms are too mild to notice. Especially Type II diabetes has mild warning signs, and you may not find out until the condition worsens.
Contrarily, type I diabetes has quick symptoms, but they’re more severe. So how to identify whether you or your loved one has diabetes? Read the early signs and symptoms of diabetes to take proactive measures.
Some of the early signs are similar in both Types I and II diabetes. These telltale warning signs should alarm you to see a doctor.
- Fatigue and hunger: if you’re diabetic you’ll be more tired and hungry than usual. It’s because your body needs glucose to function but because the body cells resist insulin, they can’t take glucose. That’s why you feel fatigued because of a lack of energy.
- Feeling thirsty and urinating more often:An average person urinates 4-7 times a day, but diabetic people may have to pee more. A healthy person’s body will reabsorb glucose when it passes through the kidneys. However, diabetes raises blood sugar levels making your body make more fluids. Your kidney may not take it all, and it leads to more need for urination and hence feeling thirstier.
- Skin itchiness and dry mouth: because your cells use fluids for urination, there’s little left to moisture other parts of the body. So more dehydration occurs, making your mouth dry. Dryness also causes skin itchiness.
- Blurred vision:the changes in fluid levels also makes the eye lenses swell, which leads to blurred vision.
Type II Diabetes Symptoms
These symptoms occur after glucose level has already been high:
- Yeast infection: Women and men can get a yeast infection because it feeds on glucose. Yeast has more to thrive on with high glucose levels due to diabetes. This infection can develop moist skin folds between toes and fingers, around or inside sex organs and under breasts.
- Slow-healing: high blood sugar affects healing because of affected blood flow. It damages nerves making it difficult to heal cuts or sores.
- Numbness or pain:Nerve damage also causes numbness or pain in the legs or feet.
Type I Diabetes Symptoms
Noticeable symptoms include:
- Vomiting and nausea: body burns fat and goes into ketosis. Ketones build up to dangerous levels in the blood. It can also lead to a life-threatening diabetic ketoacidosis condition that makes patients feel sick.
- Weight loss:when you don’t get the required energy from the food, your body will burn muscle fat to regain energy. It leads to unplanned weight loss.
You should call your doctor if you feel sick, very thirsty and weak; when you feel the need to urinate more often, have a belly ache and when you’re breathing faster and deeper than normal.
Alternatively, you can treat diabetes by using healthy herbal tea. At ABM Tea, we offer tea for managing blood sugars. Our tea is made from 100% Agaricus Blazei Murill extract with no artificial flavor or fillers. ABM is herbal medicine for diabetic, hepatitis and cancer patients. Shop online here.